The Mohican Sailing Club was founded following in the early 1940’s, shortly after Charles Mill Lake was transformed from farm fields to a lake. In 1945 the Conservancy granted the club a site for a clubhouse, and the members built the clubhouse that currently stands.
This 1942 Columbus Dispatch article announces the founding of the club. Below is an early shot of the club and boats.
These Mansfield Journal articles from 1944 chronicles the early days of the club: